Friday, March 11, 2011

Lent

Not the kind in your belly button or between your toes. The kind that comes before Easter. This year for Lent I have given up two things. The first is sweet. My cookie/cupcake/candy/cake/ice cream habit was out of control. It is time to take a step back and look at my enormous sugar consumption. That being said, I couldn't totally give up the sugar in my life but have limited it to a Jello at lunch and a fruit popsicle (with real fruit) after dinner. Of course, I'm also planning to celebrate the end of Lent by making Krispie Kreme Donut Bread Pudding but we'll see how it goes.

The other thing I'm giving up? My theknot.com account. Does that sound as creepy to you as it does to me? Probably. Again, my habits were out of control. Not without provocation, however. The BF and I have been talking marriage for a while. And not just marriage, but details. He's picked his groomsmen. He knows he doesn't want to get married in College Station (annoying, as that would be very easy to plan). He also wants to have maroon in the colors. Now, that really tripped me up as I've been planning a mint green wedding in the spring time for... well, years. However, I can work with that. I just told him I could change my color to a jewel green. Then that sparked conversation about attendants' gifts, favors, wedding location, etc. So I start thinking, "he's going to ask pretty soon. I should be ready because he thinks it takes 4 months to plan a wedding and I know better." So, I started browsing theknot.com because if you know me at all, you know I NEED to be prepared.

THEN. The other day, we were chatting about it and he commented that it would be two years. Pardon? Two years? I was totally unaware of this lengthy timeline. I'm not pushing. I just really thought this was more imminent. But by then, I'd developed theknot.com habit. I'd even decided my bridesmaids could pick their own dresses. And even after learning that a proposal would not be happening soon, I.could.not.stop. It was ridiculous. So, along with sweets, theknot.com is going out the window for Lent. With one caveat: I can check other couple's sites because I do like to know what's going on at the weddings I'm attending. But I will not log on to mine. I've asked the computer to forget my password. I've also asked him to stop talking about it and semi-explained the situation. I think he understands.

Also, I feel like a creepy stalker girlfriend who is putting deposits down on locations before the man ever pops the question. Note: I HAVE NOT actually done this but I feel guilty in a way that makes me think I have. Or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment