Thursday, March 31, 2011

Back to the Grind

And a grind it is. I need a serious vacay. SRW - weekend + ACPA + actual work = WORN SLAM OUT. I cannot promise to be any good to anyone on Saturday. Despite the pile of laundry, stinky dog, mud spot on the floor leftover from when the BF re-did my patio (thanks!)... I may not get to it. The only thing I will do is go to the grocery store because let's be for real, a girl's gotta eat and historically, relying on the BF to do the grocery shopping and cook usually leads to hunger. But he's excellent at changing light bulbs, fixing my closet door, saving me from the wasps that insist on building life threatening nests around my house, letting me do what I want and generally being an awesome boyfriend. ACPA was so worth it though. At least, from what I can recall, it was. I need to go through my (almost an entire legal pad worth of) notes to really remember all the things I tired to learn because right now, in the haze of over-stimulation, it's kind of a blur. One thing I do know - my black pumps to be re-heeled. The skywalks, sidewalks and weird tiles of Baltimore were not kind to them. Or really my feet in general. Poor feet. I'm really sorry I stuffed you back into pumps today. Flats tomorrow. I promise. Of course, as it did last year, ACPA brings a sense of Athens/UGA-sickness. A type of homesickness unique to those of us lucky enough to live in Athens, GA, go to school at UGA and fall in love with the city and school. It's awesome. And as someone who spent four years in a tourist town (Charleston, which, b t dubs is also amazing), the food is better in Athens. So, knowing that I will always have a home there, a home closer to my actual home (which is still what I call the place my parents live), makes me yearn for it. And then I feel guilty because I have a great life here, aside from the lack of delicious-to-the-point-of-distraction Mexican food (yes, even though I'm in Texas). Plus, I'm kind of committed here. And I say kind of because I could technically go at any time, should I wish/have another job but the BF can't. And I'm committed to him so hence the "kind of." It was still amazing to see people I have seen for a long while, some of them since graduation. And of course to learn all sorts of awesome things that, if I can read my handwriting, will help me improve myself, my job, position and office. But really I wish I could live in a combination of all the places I've lived and with all the people who have made me who I am. Of course then I'd for serious eat way too much and have to buy all new clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment