Thursday, June 9, 2011

I have weird dreams.

If you know me at all, you know I have really weird and very detailed dreams. Last night I had three. First off, I dreamed that I was at my wedding reception and my mother had been in charge of ordering the liquor. {Side note: If you are in any way familiar with my family, you will know that this is A BIG DEAL, as we enjoy an adult beverage.} She'd ordered it (from a place called Whiskey Charlie's. Does that place actually exist?) but it wasn't scheduled to be delivered until midnight. NOT OK. All of my guests were leaving and I was not as distressed in my dream as I would have been in real life. I was trying to convince someone to give us some alcohol and my rationale was to loudly annouce "I JUST GOT MARRIED!" He looked at me, standing there barefoot in jeans and a t shirt, shook his head and left. End dream.

My next dream was really more of a short story, again featuring my wedding. {Side note 2: I swear I'm not a crazy wedding girl! My boyfriend has three weddings coming up in the next two months. That's all. Promise.}I was at my wedding reception and for some reason, all the attention was not on me and the groom (who was not visible, FYI). Why? Because a friend from work, M., brought John Stamos as her date. Also, M. is already married, and not to John Stamos.

In the next one, I wake up in my bunk bed on the third story of an old historic house one morning. I hear lots of party-sounding racket and I look out my window. One of my roommates has had an all night party and there are people and beer cans and trash strewn all about the front porch and yard area. I am NOT OK with this and wonder how I managed to sleep through such a rager. I stomp down the hallway and wake up another roommate (R. a collegue from work who is married with kids and certainly doesn't sleep in a bunk bed). She is much less concerned about the aforementioned party. I nonetheless stomp downstairs and begin yelling at people to leave immediately. I unplug three separate boomboxes and then yell and the partying roommate, "you cannot live here anymore!!" People wander off. I go inside. I wake up.

My brain is weird. I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment