Tuesday, August 9, 2011

My Super Hot Birthday!

So, yesterday I turned 26. My Daddy came in to town on Thursday, before my birthday, to spend a birthday weekend with me. The high was 104 each day. Heat index of 110. We helped my boyfriend move, which was kind of brutal. He was a total trouper though and I'm pretty sure I would have been crushed by H's massive futon couch if he hadn't been there. Which my father would have been REALLY mad about. As would I. 

Besides my birthday presents, the best thing that happened was queso flamedo. You know what that means? Flaming cheese. And not just any flaming cheese. Flaming cheese with chorizo in it. It. Was. Awesome. So delicious. And fun. Now I'm trying to dry out (too much to drink) and thin out (too much to eat). But I'm also homesick.

That's the problem with being so far out here, I guess. I really do like it but I miss home. Miss it a lot sometimes. Especially after I see someone from home. Poor H had to hold me while I had a little breakdown. I just get so sad that I don't get to see them more and sad to see them leave. It wasn't like I went home every weekend when I lived closer, or even saw the fam more than I see them now but I just feel the distance, I guess, when they leave. Sad times. After a day or so, I'm back in action though. So more adventures to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment